Senior Executive Assistant
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
At Okta, our Senior Executive Assistants provide a wide array of administrative, logistical, and project-related support to their Executives. We are looking for a Senior Executive Assistant to partner with and support our Chief Revenue Officer. You will be contributing to the organization's success by helping them scale and build seamless processes. This role has a high amount of visibility and works cross-functionally throughout the company. This person will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer (CRO).
- Calendar management - Manage their daily schedule, coordinate logistics for all meetings, both internal and external, being proactive about conflicts and understanding priorities.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel, process expense reports and assist with management of budget for travel and events.
- Own and help manage the rhythm of the business in close partnership with the Executives and teams. This includes: owning meeting agenda, taking notes and following up on action items
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for conferences and special events (both onsite & offsite).
- Acts as a liaison and trusted partner for the CRO relaying and exchanging information with others including: Senior leaders, customers, board members and other cross functional organizations or colleagues.
- Anticipate the Executive’s needs and proactively assemble the appropriate people and resources to solve problems as independently as possible. Bring forth new ideas and solutions to help scale processes and more order to busy teams.
- Field and funnel incoming requests; exercise strong judgment and discretion with highly confidential information.
- Lead, drive and execute on various team events, socials, offsite meetings, etc.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure communication is efficient and clear between teams.
- Meet deadlines by maintaining an organized approach, knowing how to prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities in a fast paced environment.
- As a team player, provides backup support for other EAs in the department and helps the team work efficiently together.
- A minimum of 5-8 years work experience in the capacity of an Executive Assistant supporting multiple executives.
- Familiar with the expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
- Proven ability to actively manage projects in a fast-moving, high pressure environment.
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams.
- Flexibility to support (when needed) during out of office hours.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 20%).
- Proven ability to interact in a professional manner with Executives, Board Members, Customers, Partners, Prospects, and Internal Team.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Experience with web-based scheduling and collaboration tools.
- Experience with arrangement of complex schedules and logistics, at times, across multiple time zones.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, lead priorities and accurately set expectations.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication, planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Ability to remain energetic and positive in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire for constant improvement. A forward thinker.
- Excellent common sense and ability to make appropriate judgment calls autonomously.
- Dedicated with the ability to anticipate next steps.
- Works well with a variety of personalities; embraces teamwork.
- Proficient working with Google Workspace/Docs and Microsoft Office Suite.
Strengths you will need in this job:
- Adaptable – have demonstrated flexibility in the face of change.
- Organized - have good time, space and task management skills.
- Proactive - has the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action.
- Growth Mindset - has resilience and desire to learn as the company and organization evolve and scale.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.