Staff Technical Program Manager, Business Technology Security
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Business Technology Strategy & Ops Team
This role joins the Strategy & Operations team within the Business Technology organization and plays a critical part in realizing our vision to accelerate the delivery of business outcomes across Okta by driving clarity, collaboration, and accountability in everything we do. We enable the broader Business Technology organization in the mission to “Accelerate Okta’s Scale and Growth”.
The Staff Technical Program Manager, Business Technology Security Opportunity
We are looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager - Security to lead and deliver strategic projects and programs enabling Okta to scale. In this role, you will partner with the Delivery Teams and Internal Business stakeholders to deliver large BT initiatives.
You will be the point person to clarify strategic goals, detailed requirements, and execution plans. You will not only have strong TPM experience driving security initiatives but also experience implementing operational and process improvements in SaaS and agile environments.
The TPM role is inherently cross-functional and requires the ability to be a strategic thinker while at the same time being willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. This is a leadership position requiring strong TPM experience and demonstrated ability to successfully implement complex programs in a SaaS Security and agile environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Program manages various security initiatives within BT and beyond BT organization, across multiple teams; develops and maintains detailed project plans including dependencies; tracks and keeps projects on schedule, manages deadlines, takes a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduces efficiencies, and provides solutions.
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and time-bound security and compliance projects within and beyond BT organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, and providing continuous transparency.
- Employ communication strategies to ensure clear and crisp transparency around status and progress of initiatives at all levels of the organization and senior executives.
- Partner with a broad set of stakeholders to drive initiatives that meet business and technology objectives enabling Okta to scale and optimize.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with the teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Build and maintain the alignment across multiple teams to keep a focus on execution, continuous improvement and operational excellence. Facilitate effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across the organization with many competing priorities. Improves the productivity of the entire team by crafting process efficiencies, and filling in gaps where needed
- Champion the adoption of the agile best practices within BT organization.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 8+ years of project/program management experience in a cloud/SaaS environment
- 3+ years experience with delivering security and compliance initiatives within BT and Security organization preferred; Expertise with vendor management & negotiations, network and infrastructure, vulnerability management, compliance documentation, and program management support for Security products such as Palo Alto Networks, Z-Scaler, Infoblox, Splunk, AWS, PAN, JAMF, CrowdStrike and VMware Workspace one.
- 2+ years working with agile framework and scrum practices
- Demonstrated ability in communicating and presenting to all levels of an organization
- Proven experience working hand-in-hand with business systems’ technical owners, configuration administrators, software engineers, configuration administrators, quality and test engineers and/or business process owners
- Knowledge of Security frameworks such as NIST, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley and GDPR. Experience in building Zero Trust environments, and delivering complex endpoint security projects.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in working with project management and collaboration Tools (Jira and Confluence, Google Suite, Smartsheet, Asana, Slack, Zoom, Miro, Coupa, etc)
- Self-starter; able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment.
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Bachelors of Science in CS, MIS, related technical degree or equivalent work experience with minimum of 2 years of technical work experience
- Graduate coursework a plus
- PMP & Scrum certification desirable (CSM, A-CSM, etc)
- Security Certifications (CISM, CISSP, CCSP, CRCM, etc) desirable
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:$140,000—$189,000 USD
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.