Software Engineer II in Test (Customer Identity)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Reporting to the Manager of the Performance and Resilience group within Quality Engineering, this role will focus on ensuring that the products being developed and delivered meet the required scaling, load and resiliency requirements. This involves working closely with cross-functional teams to design and implement quality control processes and identifying and addressing product quality issues.
This opportunity requires someone who is passionate about quality, a self-starter, intellectually curious, has experience designing and executing performance tests, and a systematic approach to troubleshooting.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and implement frameworks, infrastructure and automation to protect and optimize critical system resources.
- Create and maintain non-functional tests, critical to Okta’s mission of Performance, Scale and Resiliency.
- Develop backend frameworks and tools for the entire engineering organization to use at scale
- Monitor, debug, extend and enhance services and frameworks the team owns
What you’ll bring to the role
- Experience with Kubernetes, microservices and public cloud technologies/infrastructure (AWS, Azure, SQL, NoSQL, Redis)
- You like working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable
- You work autonomously but know when to seek help from your team members
- You are a good communicator and bring the rest of your team along for the journey
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Knowledge of non-functional testing, specifically Performance, Load and Chaos testing
- Experience using and integrating non-functional testing tools such as artillery, steadybit,
- You have experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain
- Knowledge of security engineering and application security
- You have experience working with a fully distributed, remote team
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.