Sr. Director, Finance, Legal & People Business Systems
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Business Technology team’s mission is to “Accelerate Okta’s Scale and Growth” and this position plays a critical role in achieving that goal responsible for defining and leading teams to implement an end to end solution strategy across the Enterprise Finance, Legal & People Product teams. It is a key member of the leadership team reporting to the Vice President, Enterprise Product.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
The Senior Director of Finance, Legal & People Systems contributes a depth of knowledge of the business, including finance, legal and HR, with an understanding of our users and how they leverage our products, as well as a passion for tracking industry trends and the evolving technology landscape. They will serve as a strategic consultative partner to Executive and C-Suite stakeholders to translate business strategy into products that deliver high quality experiences. This position requires an ability to think strategically and scale for future growth, as well as execute tactically to meet short-term goals.
This position will lead global enterprise product teams comprised of product managers, product analysts and implementers to:
- Optimize processes and technology solutions to support long-term scale that fosters rapid growth and transformation
- Partner with business leaders to define and implement an outcomes focused strategy and roadmap.
- Use data to prioritize the roadmap maximizing business value impact
- Define and implement a framework to track core business metrics related to the product and product team delivery
- Collaboratively drive initiatives end-to-end with senior management ensuring accountability and transparency; raising and tracking issues, removing roadblocks and resolving issues involving cross-functional team members when appropriate
- Lead the team through a global agile transformation adopting product operating mindset
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, empowered, engaged, and high performing team
Requirements & Skills:
- 12-15 years experience in a leadership role working on enterprise systems as a product manager, product strategist or implementation consultant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable speaking publicly to large audiences of senior leaders and executives
- Experience collecting, synthesizing, and prioritizing user input from multiple sources
- Demonstrated track record of delivering transformational initiatives and programs to deliver outcomes based business value
- Demonstrated strategic planning, critical thinking and influence skills
- Proven experience with designing, implementing and supporting critical business processes in Finance and HR Systems, such as Workday, Salesforce/CPQ, Netsuite, Anaplan, Coupa, Xactly; Deep understanding of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) is a plus
- Experience with ERP implementations
- Experience with audit/SOX requirements and workflows for a publicly-traded company
- Demonstrated track record of partnering effectively with global and geographically distributed teams to successfully deliver information and technology solutions
- Experience delivering M&A programs is preferred
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.