Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As part of our vision to Free Everyone to Safely Connect to Technology, Okta is investing in new capabilities and products that help B2B SaaS products connect to their enterprise customers. This is a unique opportunity to leverage Okta’s reach and scale, and existing Okta Integration Network (https://www.okta.com/integrations/), to drive the next wave of safe and secure B2B SaaS just like we did with Single Sign On years ago.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join an innovative and fast moving team within Okta to prototype and build a new set of developer facing products to achieve this mission.
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with user experience designers and system architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies.
- Develop reusable components to enable other teams to easily implement UIs with rich and consistent look and feel.
- Develop APIs and SDKs that developers love
- Create a rapid prototype to validate ideas.
- Develop unit and functional tests.
- Troubleshoot customer issues.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 3-5 years of software development experience.
- Proficient in Java, Typescript, or Node.
- Proficient in React or similar front-end UI stacks
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP fundamentals.
- Have experience working with Redis, MongoDB, Kafka and/or PostgreSQL.
- Deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Have a passion and interest to work on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure.
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, attention to detail, and customer focus.
- Are comfortable working on a fully-distributed team.
- Familiarity with gRPC.
- Experience with authn/authz such as OAuth
- Have built production quality integrations to third party services
- Have an understanding of Kubernetes and containerization.
- Have experience deploying solutions to AWS and/or Azure.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.