IT Support Engineer
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Title of Job: Workplace Technology Engineer
External Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Role Location: Okta Paris (Paris, France)
Reports to: Manager, Workplace Technology Operations (EMEA & APJ)
Come join our growing team in Paris to deliver amazing technology support experiences that fuel the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. Technology experience is the guiding force of our work and our WT Onsite Support Engineers help ensure we are providing world class onsite technology support for our employees and our spaces. In this role, you will be responsible for speedy issue resolution for employee IT issues, proactive improvements, and have a strong customer first mindset. You will be part of a globally distributed onsite support team that provides IT support for our employees as well as maintaining in-office technologies such as Zoom rooms, printers, digital signage, among others. You will also share knowledge with our employees, helping them to use technology to power their productivity as we continue on our Dynamic Work journey. You will be a strong advocate for our employees, learning and understanding their technology challenges and championing change with our technology solutions that makes it easier to get our best work done. Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data driven, and always focus on the employee experience.
Okta provides a world class technology experience by offering the best support and service. This Workplace Technology Engineer will provide frictionless support, share best practices, and be a trusted advocate for our internal customers. A successful Workplace Technology Engineer must have a strong understanding of common internet and SaaS applications (browsers, Slack, Google Workspace, Office, Okta), hardware (Apple/Windows), mobile phones and devices, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Our conference rooms are an important part of the workplace experience. Quick issue resolution and regular proactive maintenance are key to keeping the organization running. This includes daily room checks to confirm systems are functioning and equipment is in place for meetings to be successful. Additionally, this Engineer will help with event setup and support such as live sound/microphone check and helping presenters with technical needs onsite, off site, and virtual events.
Our goal is to make sure that our Oktanauts have an amazing technology experience and that they have everything they need to be successful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Daily conference room VC system checks and preventative maintenance. This will include confirming functionality and resolving issues
● Provide daily onsite and remote support for our employees
● Meet and/or exceed Service Delivery SLAs and CSAT goals
● Break/Fix support as issues are discovered and resolving issues in a timely manner
● Proactively look for opportunities to increase customer and team productivity
● Effectively communicate with our customers and stakeholders with empathy and a
customer first mindset
● Identify root cause of issues and document in RCA documents
● Create knowledge articles and videos to enable our team and customers with technology
● Live event support during UK/EMEA company meetings and smaller meetings in event
● Provide premiere support for senior leadership and critical meetings
● Responsible for providing in person and remote support to our global employees (all
worker types and employee levels). Requests will come in a variety of forms such as
tickets, walkups, Slack, and email
● Inventory and asset management including receiving and building of hardware as well as
ongoing management of assets (loaners, redeploying used assets, EOL older assets, loss
● Strive to resolve all employee support interactions on first touch, whenever possible,
while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced
● Assist with onsite projects as assigned
● Open to travel 10% of the time
● Willingness and ability to be onsite in the Paris office for 3-4 days per week
● Ability to identify potential user issues as larger system or company-wide incidents
● Bring a positive and fun spirit to the work you do each and every day
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Fluent in French and English
● 2+ years experience with Mac and PC technical support
● 2+ years experience working with Okta and Google Workspace
● 2+ years working with JAMF
● 2+ years experience working in a SaaS based environment with responsibility managing
user/role based access to systems
● 2+ years supporting video conferencing room systems
● 2+ years supporting live events in corporate environments
● Experience with Zoom
● Flexible for early morning coverage and some late evening event support as needed
● Strong ability to multi-task and successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
● Technical degree or relevant work experience required
● Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
● Self-starter with initiative and a high 'figure it out' factor
● Proven desire to take ownership of tasks and projects and follow through to completion
● Bonus (Not Essential): experience in any of the following: Windows fleet management, Proofpoint,
ServiceNow, Uniflow, Envoy
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.