Commissions Operations Manager
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Commissions Operations Manager to join our team in Bangalore, India. The Commissions Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the commissions operations process, ensuring accurate and timely calculation and payment of commissions to our sales team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in commissions operations management, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. This role will be required to work in the US (Pacific Time) hours, which is 9:00pm-6:00am IST.
- Oversee the end-to-end commissions operations process, including commission calculations, data validation, and payment processing.
- Help develop and maintain commission policies, procedures, and guidelines in compliance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with Sales Ops, Sales, FP&A, Commission Accounting, Audit, and HR teams on commission data, such as sales performance, quotas, earnings, payments, and other relevant information.
- Analyze and reconcile commissions data to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancies.
- Generate and distribute commission reports and statements to sales team members and management.
- Provide guidance and support sales team members on commission-related inquiries, disputes, and escalations.
- Stay updated with industry trends, best practices, and regulatory changes related to commissions operations, and implement necessary changes to ensure compliance.
- Train and mentor junior team members, as needed.
- Drive process improvements and automation initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the commission operations process.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in commissions operations management, preferably in the sales or financial services industry.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with Xactly or similar compensation tool is highly preferred
- Experience with CRM/HRIS systems like Salesforce and Workday is preferred
- Strong understanding of sales compensation plans, commission structures, and related calculations.
- Proficient in using commission management tools and software.
- Excellent analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and handle commission-related inquiries and disputes.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify and resolve issues proactively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to mentor and train junior team members.
- A team player with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.