Senior Business Analyst, Finance Transformation (night shift)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are hiring a business analyst to join our Finance transformation team helping to drive cross functional, transformation initiatives. You will work closely with the finance transformation team, business process owners and Business Technology (BT) partners to plan projects, document processes (as-is and future state), document requirements, plan and lead user acceptance testing, and manage project timelines, risks, and issues. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to understand complex business concepts and translate them into meaningful, easily understandable processes, and requirements.
- Serve as business analyst, for finance projects in close partnership and collaboration with subject matter experts by understanding current state, capturing pain points, defining future state, and defining business/product requirements (BRD)/user stories for new capabilities as well as enhancements.
- Analyze current state and define future state through documenting processes and business requirements. Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Planning and managing user acceptance testing including helping the users articulate test cases and expected results.
- Creating change readiness materials including presentations, training, communications, FAQs
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Developing and managing project plans, and meeting timelines.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and Business Technology; managing competing resources and priorities.Producing content and materials such as executive status updates, steering committee decks, etc. with an emphasis on transparency, exposure, and knowledge sharing
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and technology to automate and modernize processes and systems.
- Develop a strong understanding of Okta end-to-end processes that will allow you to bridge gaps and create synergies between departments and execute cross-functional projects effectively
Experience we are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. MBA or CPA a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Finance process (quote to cash, procure to pay, record to report, FP&A, and/or payroll/compensation/commissions) consulting experience is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Must be a "self-starter", highly proactive, and resourceful with a track record of taking ownership and delivering results with a desire to have a positive impact on our company
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Competency in G Suite, Lucid Chart, Smartsheet, and Asana
- Knowledge and experience with financial system applications such as NetSuite, Workiva, Avalara, Coupa, Salesforce / CPQ, FinancialForce, Anaplan, Tableau, Snowflake, Alteryx and/or automation tools such as Robotics Process Automation (RPA) is a plus
- Experienced in Process Improvement methodologies (Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt, or similar), Project Management methodologies, and leading organizational transformation practices
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing and owning cross functional initiatives
- Experience in high-growth technology (or similar) companies is a plus
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.