Senior Software Engineer - IAM, Risk Detection (Customer Identity)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Customer Identity Cloud, an Okta business unit, is an easy-to-implement, adaptable authentication and authorization platform. We are currently hiring a Software Engineer to join our Risk product engineering team. The team is focused on building and maintaining our Attack Protection feature set. Our goal is to detect and mitigate attacks on our users’ authentication flows from bots and other bad actors and prevent malicious activity from happening on our platform.
- Help design secure, performant, cross-platform browser-based features.
- Collaborate inside your team to solve technical and non-technical challenges.
- Work closely with Product and Design to determine and optimize user experience.
- Build new and maintain existing features by contributing across the full technical stack.
- Debug and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
- Be a part of the team's on-call rotations.
- Evaluate new technologies and techniques to improve overall practices.
You'd be an excellent fit if you:
- Have a passion for learning.
- Like owning, designing and driving features
- Enjoy greenfield development and iterating on existing features
- Are comfortable writing, and operating full-stack applications.
- Are familiar with Node.js and RESTful APIs.
- Have the ability to contribute in a team environment.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
- Have at least 5 years of software development experience.
It is helpful, but not required, if you:
- Have experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Have experience working with React and Styled Components.
- Have experience building and maintaining an MVC architecture.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.