Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A - Top Line and Equity (Night shift)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is in profitable growth mode. We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Finance Manager who will be a key player in, and is truly excited about, driving and effectively scaling Okta's growth. This person will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A and will partner with Finance peers and leadership to assist on all things Top Line and Equity: consolidating, analyzing, and communicating key financial trends that influence our ability to execute against our quarterly plans and guidance.
This highly visible role is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail without losing the big picture, and the ability to work both cross functionally and independently. They are highly organized, are energized by balancing new challenges with the rhythm of monthly reporting needs, and are comfortable communicating across all levels in the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the first FP&A hire in India and be a leader as we build out our global FP&A function
- Assist and own monthly reconciliations for Revenue, Billings, Collections, and RPO
- Own monthly data refresh and consolidation for top line metrics
- Assist equity inputs for Stock Based Compensation and Sharecount forecasts
- Create content for key presentations for the executives, including up through the CFO, on various top line metrics
- Analyze trends in FX for top line metrics
- Leverage and improve current systems to increase productivity and accuracy of the FP&A team
- Partner with FP&A and other key stakeholders to leverage and improve processes to increase efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness as the company grows and scales
- Analytical Skills: Ability to work independently, think objectively, and interpret meaningful and insightful narratives from both quantitative as well as qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate as well as distill data into actionable information to drive results
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Ability to apply rigorous logic and sound methods to solve multi-faceted problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, inclusive of senior members of management
- Influential: Ability to influence at all levels, including the most senior executives in the company, with a demonstrated aptitude to work effectively within a matrixed team across multiple functional areas, and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Execution driven: Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision and accuracy
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small, and large groups
- Work hours of 5AM-2PM PST (5:30pm-2:30AM IST)
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A, with at least 1 year of Corporate FP&A is strongly desired
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel/GSheets and strong PowerPoint/GSlides skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Anaplan and Tableau experience is a plus
- Experience in a high-growth global high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.