Senior Financial Analyst, Benefits
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst who will be a key player in, and is truly excited about, driving and effectively scaling Okta’s rapid growth. This person will report into the Finance Manager, M&A and G&A and will partner with senior leadership and their teams for Benefits on all planning, forecasting, and analysis activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eyes on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Total Rewards leaders to model, forecast, and analyze global benefits
- Own the short-term, medium-term and annual planning and forecasting processes for this function, including:
- Partnering with business to ensure accuracy for spend based on operational performance
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting
- Leading thoughtful analysis, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies
- Collaborating with the controllership and procurement organization on benefits accruals, benefits accounting, close process and other spend and compliance topics
- Evolving these processes, as needed
- Participate in the company’s long-range strategic planning, as applicable
- Participate in and manage frequent ad hoc projects & analyses, including M&A and across G&A, to support senior management and business decisions
- Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects and partner on cross functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling
- Work US hours during month/quarter close periods
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of FP&A experience
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint or Google Slides skills are required
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- Anaplan and Tableau experience is a plus
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.