Solutions Engineering Senior Manager, Innovation Center
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Pre-Sales Leader to join our rapidly expanding Global Innovation Centre for Solutions Engineering. You will help define and grow out a new team of pre-sales professionals which will make a technical hub for all of APJ.
As a Senior Manager, Solutions Engineering you will:
- Working with leaders from the US and APJ, define the strategy and success metrics for the technical pre-sales innovation center.
- Understand the talent landscape and design the appropriate hiring strategy to grow your team from scratch. Partner with Recruitment to source, attract and hire the best talent in Bangalore.
- Partner with leaders across Pre-Sales, Sales, Marketing, Product, Demo - Engineering and more across APJ and US to understand the pain points and requirements for your team.
- Provide coaching and career development to grow the talent in your team.
- Effectively balance the workload and capacity of your team whilst ensuring you’re building talent for future demand.
- Working with finance to define quarterly budgets and manage headcount plans.
- Champion and nurture the Okta culture within the new India office and within your team.
- Be able to step in and be hands-on when needed with the team, keeping a certain level of technical knowledge and ability at all times.
We are looking for experience:
- Managing pre-sales talent at any level
- Managing a recruitment process and scaling a team
- Strong Solution Engineering / Sales Engineering / Technical Account Management or Pre-Sales experience
- Experience working in the technology industry, ideally within SaaS
- Knowledge of at least some of the following technologies: IAM, CIAM, VPN, MDM, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol. (ex: OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application. (ex: password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.