Senior Strategic Events Manager - Eastern/Central US
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Are you passionate about creating memorable experiences that make a big impact? You’ll partner with cross-functional teams building and executing a strategic vision to deliver the right events to the right audiences. You will have a direct impact on the sales pipeline, steward the Apollo brand as we create a category, and find creative ways to connect with our customers.
Reporting to the Director of Field Marketing & Events, you will partner to provide end-to-end management of Apollo’s events calendar with a focus on our annual conference, GraphQL Summit, Tier 1 global trade shows, as well as various conferences and meetups.
You will play an integral role in ensuring we are constantly evolving our strategy by analyzing metrics, encouraging efficiencies, and communicating the impact of events.
GraphQL technology is the most significant change to software development since cloud computing. Netflix, Walmart, Expedia, Peloton, DoorDash, The New York Times, Zillow, and many more leading companies use Apollo to elevate how they build software. Gartner estimates that by 2025, 50% of enterprises will be using GraphQL, and we're the market leader. Come join a talented team of marketers and own Apollo's Events strategy both virtually and in person!
What you’ll do:
- Event Execution: Drive end-to-end execution of strategic events, ensuring they stay within budget and align with company goals.
- Goal Setting and Metrics: Set event success metrics, tracking results, and ensuring we’re driving ROI
- Project Management: Manage project timelines, quality assurance, and resource allocation for successful event outcomes.
- Budgeting and Cost Management: Develop project budgets and oversee cost management for planned expenditures.
- Research and Evaluation: Research and evaluate industry events aligning with Apollo's Ideal Customer Profile (ICP).
- Partnership Management: Select and leverage partners for marketing activities, maintaining external relationships.
- Logistical Planning: Facilitate strategic, logistical, and operational planning, including booth and sponsorship management.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with various teams for successful event engagement and deliverables.
- Conference Management: Co-manage Apollo’s annual conference, GraphQL Summit, and own the Sponsorship workstream.
A bit about you:
- You can telescope in and out - operating at a strategic and tactical level as needed
- You’ve got a track record of beautifully executed, high-impact events in your experiential toolkit, and come ready to hit the ground running
- You’re no stranger to the tech industry
- You can manage a project end to end, driving at deadlines, managing the details, and adeptly navigating competing priorities
- You’ve got experience working successfully on a remote team and know how to work effectively with internal collaborators, partners, and event vendors asynchronously and autonomously
- You thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- You’re an excellent steward of resources - you know how to budget and manage costs
- You’re a strong and exacting communicator and have comfort navigating negotiations
- You're excited about the prospect of traveling frequently, both domestically and internationally
Bonus points if you have:
- Past startup or high-growth experience
- Previous experience in marketing to developers and software engineers
- Trade show experience
If you are a highly motivated and organized individual with a passion for driving successful events, we invite you to join our dynamic team at Apollo.
Location: This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the Eastern or Central time zones in the US.
Equal Opportunity: Apollo is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.
E-Verify: Apollo is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit E-Verify.