Head of Technical Support Engineering
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Are you an accomplished, highly technical support engineering leader passionate about creating and implementing a support engagement strategy that prioritizes customer empowerment and effectiveness? Do you delight in improving operating models and helping your team deliver service excellence? Do you relish the opportunity to build top-class customer support engagement that can scale with a growing company? If so, we want to talk to you!
As the Head of Technical Support, you will ensure our customers have a high-quality, low-friction usability and consumption experience. We’re seeking a self-starter with experience scaling and hiring amazing support teams. As a strategic leader, you’ll be at the front of developing operating models, runbooks, and tiering systems and delivering service excellence for a highly responsive global customer support experience. You will partner with leaders across the company to help reduce the technical burden for our customers and drive higher customer satisfaction.
Whether you binge-watch a series on Netflix, plan faraway vacations from your phone, or read international news online, you’ve likely used Apollo’s technology this week. Apollo supports some of the largest GraphQL platforms in the world.
We’re not looking to rest on our laurels, though — we’re aiming to change how software is built. Apollo wants to empower every software team to build an amazing user experience across any number of clients, without dealing with a barrage of API endpoints. We also intend to be a company where you can see your career grow through challenging work, collaborating with incredible teammates, and accomplishing the unattainable. So join us and help us set a world-class standard of support!
What you'll do
- Establish a differentiated support strategy for free & paid customers by creating repeatable patterns and processes for scaling support delivery capability and coverage.
- Manage, mentor, and scale a team of technical support engineers and work with them to achieve goals in alignment with global support objectives.
- Evolve the cloud support operating model and service enablement framework.
- Create measurable analytics, including CSAT/NPS, MTTR (Response and Resolution) and Severity 1 escalation status.
- Drive ownership of Escalations and high-severity defect resolutions across support & engineering.
- Summarize insights to engineering teams and leadership for actionable improvement.
Who you are
- You have a background of engineering work experience or a Computer Science degree.
- You have 10+ years of experience in support functions and 5+ years in leadership, preferably with a commercial, open-source product.
- You possess a technical understanding of cloud and on-premise environments.
- You’ve built world-class support teams and successful operating models.
- You are confident working with all levels of management, can negotiate firmly but fairly, do well in ambiguous environments, and, when required, can roll up your sleeves to work with team members to help design solutions.
- You’ve built strategic relationships with product and engineering leaders and augmented operational capabilities for product engineering teams while mentoring a customer-centric thought process.
Location: This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the US or Canada.
Equal Opportunity: Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.
E-Verify: Apollo is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit E-Verify.