Principal People Business Partner
People & HR
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Whether you binge-watch a series on Netflix, plan faraway vacations from your phone, or read international news online, you’ve likely used Apollo’s technology this week. Apollo supports some of the largest GraphQL platforms in the world.
We’re not looking to rest on our laurels though — we’re aiming to change how software is built. Apollo wants to empower every software team to build an amazing user experience across any number of clients, without dealing with a barrage of API endpoints. Equal to all of that, Apollo is intent on becoming the company where you can see your career grow through challenging work, collaborating with incredible teammates, and accomplishing the unattainable.
About the team and role
The People team at Apollo is dedicated to enabling and empowering all Apollo-nauts to do the best work of their careers. We are crafting a People team culture that prioritizes: simplicity, thoughtfulness, collaboration and accountability for results. Our work matters deeply to the success of the company and we’re laser focused on uplifting leadership skills and crafting an incredible employee experience. As a member of the People Growth & Development team, reporting to the CPO, your role will be equal parts dedicated business partner work, as well as growth and learning program development.
The Business Partner work: You will act as a key strategic partner to Sales, Marketing and Customer Success leadership. Developing and driving talent strategies that unlock performance, nurture our culture and bolster our Go- to- Market teams for what’s next. You are able to operate as a telescope - zooming out to see the whole picture, and develop the strategy, and then zooming in to drive tactical execution. This work will require you to have a strong grasp of compensation, employee relations, team and org development, coaching, conflict resolution, strategic planning and business acumen.
The Programmatic work: In partnership with the other People Business Partners, you will own the cyclical people program work, as well as the development of new company-wide learning and growth initiatives. Content creation, delivery and assessment, program implementation and management through KPIs will activate all sides of your brain! You’ll be able to build a portfolio of bespoke development opportunities based on data that will carry you far in your career.
Who you are
You care deeply about people. You’re fundamentally excited to be a part of building the people team of the future. You have an insatiable curiosity, humility and drive to hone your craft. You lead with a growth mindset – the work is never done and there’s something to learn from everyone. You embody our leadership principles in all that you do: creating clarity, unlocking performance and delivering results.
What You'll Do
- Support the GTM organization by developing and executing against high impact initiatives such as engagement, talent assessment and development, succession planning, organizational design, employee relations, compensation, change management and leadership development.
- Deliver people programs to client groups - balancing company needs with your understanding of unique client group needs.
- Drive workforce planning initiatives and build capabilities needed to achieve each department’s vision and strategy.
- Build a crisp understanding of the business initiatives, and customize your strategy accordingly.
- Leverage data to build insights and craft compelling stories that influence a diverse set of leaders.
- Build out, continuously improve, and deliver high impact people programs and infrastructure that scales for growth.
- Partner with our emerging Centres of Excellence to offer feedback, improve outcomes and be the bridge between the GTM group and the People team ensure we keep business impact front of mind in all that we do.
- Partner with the People Growth & Development team to create and implement targeted talent development programs that drive impact across the company.
- Expertly counsel and coach leadership and employees, leveraging your wisdom, business acumen and knowledge of local employment laws and best practices.
- Use your strong working knowledge of compensation to drive better results.
- Deep experience (8-10 years) in people business. partnership, across multiple stages of growing companies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and persuasive communicator.
- Experience supporting a diverse set of stakeholders across a globally distributed, remote team.
- Ability and desire to operate with a high degree of elasticity and to navigate through ambiguity.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience creating and facilitating learning content in a remote environment.
- A trusted coach and advisor - you are sought out for your counsel and operate with a high degree of professionalism.
- Experience leveraging various tools and platforms to facilitate asynchronous collaboration, automation and communication: Slack, Google Docs, etc.
Nice to have
- Previous experience supporting a GTM team.
- Executive coaching certification.
- Experience with UK, French and German employment law.
This position can be done from anywhere in the U.S., U.K. or Canada.
Apollo is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.
Apollo is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit E-Verify.