Cohesity Mission: Remaking Secondary Storage
Cohesity delivers the next-generation of hyperconverged storage for the enterprise. We are driving the next wave of data center transformation that spans both private and public cloud infrastructures. We consolidate all secondary data and associated management functions on ONE intelligent solution - including backups, files, objects, test/dev copies, and analytics - built on true scale-out distributed systems architecture.
CRN named Cohesity a Top 25 Disrupter and one of the 10 Coolest Hyperconverged Products of 2016. Cohesity counts many Global 1000 companies among its rapidly growing customer base and achieved triple-digit growth in 2016.
Founded by Mohit Aron (the original designer) of the Google file system, and subsequently, the Nutanix converged data center system. This is a unique opportunity and time to join a leading-edge company experiencing rapid enterprise customer adoption and growth.
Cohesity’s world class Engineering team bring a rich history in building large scale distributed systems such as Google File System, Google Search and Ads infrastructure, and hyperconverged scale-out systems. Be part of this amazing team and join the mission of remaking and transforming secondary storage!
- Design and develop platform and cluster management solutions.
- Drive the design and implementation of monitoring, alerting and hardware lifecycle management workflows for the cluster.
- Implement backend changes and REST APIs for supporting UI features for cluster management and usability improvements.
- Work on scoping and prioritizing projects.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in planning, architecting and securing production systems.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or EE degree
- Expert Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: C++, Go
- Hands-on experience with installations, provisioning and serviceability of hardware platforms.
- Experience with system management software and hardware monitoring, BIOS, BMC, IPMI and SNMP.
- Experience in SDN, NFV, Open vswitch, Distribute vswitch, Neutron.
- Hands-on experience with high scale enterprise data center networking (TCP/IP, VLANs). Virtualized networking (VMWare HyperV, VxLAN).
- Passionate about pursuing new ideas, wear multiple hats and solve problems across multiple technical areas.
- Familiarity with large scale distributed systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with storage stack (HBA driver, SCSI, SATA/SAS, NVMe storage protocol) will be a huge plus.