Bevi is a Series B startup using intuitive, user-centered design to disrupt the bottled beverage industry and create customizable beverages at the point of use.
We’re a team of self-starting, mission-driven individuals with a passion for purposeful innovation (and of course, office pups). That said, we don’t take ourselves too seriously, love to celebrate, and put people at the center of everything we do, whether it’s organizing a team lunch or designing a new touchscreen animation. As we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for scrappy, problem-solving, big thinkers to come aboard!
We are always seeking great software developers and engineers to build future versions of our software. Our ideal candidate, while having their areas of expertise, will not shy away from digging into any part: web UI, backend, firmware and mobile applications. We are a small and fun software team in a fast-growing hardware startup. Our customers love our product and you will play a crucial role in making them even happier. If you love thinking through new ideas and interactions, how to execute them in an innovative way and have a deep respect for user experience, come join our team!
As a Senior Software Developer, you are eager to stay on the bleeding-edge of the mobile market across a broad spectrum of industries. Your guidance and input drive architecture and functionality decisions. Whether you prefer providing mentorship to junior engineers or acting as a technical sounding board for all, this role invites seasoned engineers to exercise their deep expertise.
Our newest Senior Software Developer will:
- Maintain and extend the Bevi applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, architect, and ship new features. Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Improve the kiosk mode of Android tablets by customizing the Android OS (AOSP)
- Focus on innovating and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user
- Build a delightful UI/UX for our Android tablets
- Work with teams to add new features into existing Android offerings
- Leverage modern architectural patterns, third-party libraries to deliver new features. Profile and improve app performance.
- Contribute to code quality by writing Unit, UI, and Integration tests
- Enforce code styles and best practices via code reviews and mentorship.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be part of a small, agile, driven and fun software team
- Create software that supports our physical product and take on responsibility for shaping that product
- Build enhancements to our tablet and its Android mobile apps
- Use the latest open tools and processes like git and scrum
- Work with a very broad set of technologies, from embedded programming to mobile Android apps, from UI to backend and database
- Scale our backend to handle factor 10 increase
All interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter. Please don’t forget the cover letter! We love learning more about what motivates you (i.e. why you are in your current role, why Bevi, why a start-up, etc.) and who you are (i.e. interests, hobbies, what sets you apart from other candidates, etc.).