Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 1.5 million businesses across 168 countries and accelerated more than $80 billion in early payments.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the Job:
The Business Consultant is part of our Customer Success team. The Business Consultant works directly with Taulia customers post sale. The Business Consultant works as a member of the project team that also includes a Project Manager and Technical Consultants during the implementation of new customers. During the Delivery phase the Business Consultant owns the development of the strategy of the business program. Then after the Go-Live the Business Consultant runs the “Accelerate” program during the initial Growth phase of a customers program. This phase is designed to bring Taulia’s Business Consulting to drive positive results on the program during the initial period after technical go-live. At a defined point in time the Business Consultant will hand off the customer to parts of the Customer Success organization who will oversee the customer during the ongoing relationship with the Customer.
Key business activities and responsibilities of the Taulia Business Consultant include:
- Designing the strategy for business case achievement closely working with the customer
- Participating in customer workshops and bridge business goals to all aspects of delivery
- Building relationships with senior stakeholders at assigned clients
- Leveraging proprietary Taulia data analytics technology to execute detailed analysis on the business program and supplier behavior
- Defining recommendations to improve and grow a customers program based on Taulia prescriptive data analytics
- Presenting recommendations to the customer to tune their program (for example: rate adjustments, supplier outreach adjustments, etc.) and gain customer action to move on the recommended steps
- Engaging with the Customer to execute specific targeted campaigns based on data insight
- Collaborating with the Supplier Marketing and the Supplier Sales team in the execution of campaigns that are part of developing the customers business program
- Utilizing Taulia’s predictive analytics to align and execute on continued refinements to grow program’s success
- Forecasting responsibility to project Taulia revenue from the business programs and assist in execution of strategies with customers to drive revenue results for both the customer and Taulia.
- Supporting change management activities required by the customers to fully adopt the Taulia platform to obtain their business objectives
- Leading business reviews with assigned customers including creation of presentations
- Nurturing the operational relationships on each assigned customer. Checking in regularly, monitoring progress-to-goal, and ensuring the program stays on track. Managing business escalations, when required
- Engaging in contract renewal activities with the customers when required
The Business Consultant’s primary focus is helping the Taulia customers achieve their business case which also maximizes the revenue to Taulia (both Subscription and Early Payment revenue). The Business Consultant will own a portfolio of customers and balance their time across a number of activities and customer’s simultaneously.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional communication skills: written, verbal, and active listening
- Comfortable with financial concepts
- Background in Working Capital Management, Purchase to Pay process and/or Supply Chain Finance
- Strong business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Experience with or in enterprise, global, or large-scale projects
- Personable and able to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Experienced and strong customer-facing skills including handling of difficult conversations
- Credible and confident and feel comfortable working a room while providing an engaging presentation.
- Lead both live and web-based meetings while effectively presenting concepts
- Influential and know how to drive meaningful change at different levels of an organization
- Intellectually curious, ask questions and connect things meaningfully
- Self starter, problem solver, strategist, and critical thinker
- Organized and detail-driven, but master the big picture
- Flexible, embrace change and thrive in a fast-moving environment
- Calm and cool under pressure and can handle escalations in front of the customer
- Comfortable in learning new software and have intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Required language skills – fluent in English. (per specific geographic job posting additional language skills to made required as appropriate)
- Previous experience in Working Capital programs, Procure-to-Pay, Supply Chain, Procurement, and/or Business Consulting.
- Quarterly about 25% of the time may require travel to customer sites