We are seeking a Technical Engagement Engineer to be part of a Premium Support team that provides world-class support to Docker’s Enterprise customers. You are a friendly, polished communicator who is inherently interested in solving complex problems and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction with every customer interaction. You will work closely with Technical Support, Support Engineering, and Product Management to advocate drive customer issues to completion.
- Become an expert in Docker technologies and customer deployment environments
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of your Premium Support customers’ Docker Enterprise deployments and architectures
- Create knowledge base content
- Drive customer success by helping identify and resolve critical issues
- Partner cross-functionally with product development and solution experts to advocate on behalf of customers
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques (debug and diagnose) on critical, highly complex problems that span multiple layers of the technology stack
- Engage with engineering teams to resolve technical issues
- Assist customers with Docker adoption with proactive upgrade planning
- Advocate for customer feature requests through Docker’s Voice of the Customer
- Build strong relationships with customers, provide exceptional support, and own timely resolution of customer issues
- Identify and recommend process improvements to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Have fun!
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years enterprise technical support experience
- Extensive experience troubleshooting remote Linux system issues
- Familiarity with Enterprise OS distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, SLES, Windows Server)
- Familiarity with enterprise cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with IT automation software such as Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins
- Knowledge of REST API and web applications
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customersincluding ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.