San Francisco, CA, US / Raleigh, NC, US / Seattle, WA, US
Under general direction of the General Counsel, this position will assist the GC in handling the legal affairs of the company, including broad focus in the following areas: business transactions and contracts, protection of intellectual property, regulatory compliance, employment, corporate governance, litigation and dispute resolution, strategic alliances, and internal legal education.
This position reports to the General Counsel.
- Prepare, evaluate, and negotiate a variety of contracts, such as sales, licensing, distribution, consulting services, and vendor contracts.
- Prepare, evaluate, and negotiate a variety of strategic alliance transactions.
- Assist in the management of internal processes to secure patent, trademark, and other intellectual property protection. Evaluate, prepare, and negotiate licenses of third-party intellectual property rights and the company's intellectual property rights.
- Assist in advising management on employment law matters. Prepare and negotiate employment, separation, and independent contractor agreements. Participate in the preparation and review of employment policies and employee benefit plans.
- Perform general legal support and cross-functional coordination of legal matters on behalf of the Legal department.
- Assist in managing outside legal counsel in such matters as international operations, employment, and litigation.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- Juris Doctor degree, strong academic background, and sufficient experience in the practice of law to achieve an excellent working knowledge of the functions described above (expected 5+ years of prior experience in the practice of law).
- Admission to practice law in the United States.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work in a proactive and service oriented manner.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information at the highest level.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure environment.
- Must have knowledge and be comfortable with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong work ethic.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customersincluding ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.