Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. The science suggests these are skills -- ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70’s, or yoga in the 90’s, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that’s accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world’s most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
As a Product Designer on the Growth team, you will play a key role in the company alongside incredible product managers, designers and engineers to identify and execute on a wide range of strategic tactics for getting people more engaged with Ten Percent Happier. You will craft memorable onboarding experiences, optimize monetization flows, and reimagine the UX of pivotal moments in a customer's journey. Together, we’ll design a bunch of growth experiments that move numbers, and we’ll have a blast doing it.
You will participate in all phases of the product development process: research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. You should be able to help your team understand problems deeply from the user's perspective, diverge and explore many concepts, and refine then define what to test and build. You should feel excited about moving quickly and solving problems iteratively, motivated by the positive impact that these changes have on the product and the lives of people who use it.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Work collaboratively with incredible people on motivated and happy teams
- Lead design on your team through the entire product development process to learn fast and make great software
- Use tools of your choosing (but maybe pen & paper, whiteboards, Sketch, and Flinto)
- Help lead the team in user testing & research as a foundation for making the right thing
- Dive into the metrics to understand the impact of your work, and to generate additional hypotheses for more ways to unlock growth and engagement
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- At least 3 years of experience in a Product Design role
- Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and process
- Demonstrated experience across the board -- in product thinking, interaction, visual design and customer empathy
- A knack for solving problems despite uncertainty, balancing speed and quality to keep things moving forward
- Experience shipping mobile product in an agile environment on iOS & Android
- Excellent communication skills, comfortably partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company
- Low ego when it comes to product or design
- A strong orientation towards driving impact, both for customers and the business
- Work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office
- Become a part of a rapidly growing company that is changing people’s lives for the better
- Get a competitive compensation package with equity and benefits
- Join a culture that values clear and kind communication, a dedication to crafting incredible products and content, and will engage your intellect and curiosity on a daily basis. We’re passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- Be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.