San Francisco, CA, US / Raleigh, NC, US / Seattle, WA, US / Paris, FR / Cambridge, GB
Docker Customer Content Services (CCS) Team is looking for Technical Writers who can independently build and manage developer documentation efforts for Docker Enterprise Edition (EE) for developers.
The Docker developer documentation is the foundation of a comprehensive enablement experience for our Docker developers.
As a Technical Writer working on Docker developer products, you’ll be responsible for creating comprehensive product documentation that’s impactful and effective.
You’ll gain a deep understanding the Docker EE product inside and out, work closely with the team who creates it and develop a deep understanding of our enterprise customers, their workloads, and their use cases. You will work with a highly technical team that collaborates daily on activities but is expected to execute independently on your assigned duties.
You’ll also be working closely with the product and engineering teams to understand the use cases and requirements, solution architects who create reference architectures, and curriculum developers that create our official training courses, to ensure the product documentation fits into a multifaceted but unified enablement journey for our customers.
Key Outcomes for this Role
- Developer Get Started content helps developers quickly onboard and learn Docker EE.
- The documentation is consistently updated to reflect changes in Docker products and industry trends.
- 5 + years of technical writing experience. Minimum 2 years of experience writing developer-focused content (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
- Passionate about helping developers onboard quickly and improve productivity.
- Prior experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager).
- Experience writing for internal or external developer audiences, such as getting started guides for developers, API reference docs, and developer cheat sheet.
- Enjoys peer editing and coaching others to improve their writing/editing skills.
- Excellent writing and information architecture skill.
- Ability to quickly learn complex concepts and technologies and spin-up a build machine and test the new product features.
- Proficient in Linux operating systems using the command-line.
- Proficient with CSS/HTML/Markdown, scripting and Git/GitHub for version control.
- Knowledge or experience with bug tracking systems.
- Prior startup experience is preferred.
- Build engaging and interactive web content that is optimized to be mobile responsive and SEO friendly.
- Lead end-to-end content experience efforts from scoping/requirements gathering, all the way through content QA, launch, and ongoing optimization.
- Continually and proactively gather information from software developers, designers, and product managers about new features and upcoming product changes and improve the existing content and overall learning experience of developer audiences.
- Actively participate in agile development team meetings and represent the interests of the product documentation team and Docker Developer audience
- Use the product, test each procedure and workflow, become an expert user, and provide feedback to product development teams.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to align product documentation with other forms of customer enablement content.