Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product purchased one is donated to help a woman thrive. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens and sulfates. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed with our customer in mind. We control every step of the product development process.
We are a company that believes everyone is responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. This is why we thrive on a collaborative and cross-functional workplace. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics. We offer a culture rewarding our driven, hard-working team with special perks and benefits. Together, we prioritize strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
The People Operations Intern will report directly to the People Operations Manager, and will occasionally assist other team members with a wide range of projects related to People Operations and Administration including: compliance and employee relations. This internship is designed to provide exposure to a variety of Human Resources initiatives that will help the Intern gain knowledge and provide direct start-up/corporate experience at Thrive Causemetics.
- Assist with the improving the onboarding experience for new hires
- Research new HR initiatives to improve company culture (i.e. networking & training)
- Participate in the recruiting and hiring process, including: posting job openings, reviewing resumes, screening candidates and scheduling interviews.
- Proper maintenance of employee files
- Help organize various employee events
- Contributes to overall Human Resources function by completing a variety of assigned projects with accuracy and timeliness
- Assist with office management i.e. office supplies, seating arrangements, etc.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Ability to multi-task and produce results under tight deadlines
- Capable of working independently without constant supervision
- Demonstrated skill and experience using Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be available for 20-30 hours per week