Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product purchased, we donate to help a woman thrive. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens or sulfates. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed with our customer in mind. We control every step of the product development process.
We are a company that believes everyone is responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. This is why we thrive on a collaborative and cross-functional workplace. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics. We offer a culture rewarding our driven, hard-working team with special perks and benefits. Together, we prioritize strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
We are looking for a wordsmithing wizard. Someone who loves alliteration, finds joy in a well-crafted pun, and is drawn to the power of three. We suspect you have a strong opinion about the Oxford comma and hope your words pack a quick-witted punch. We need a storyteller - a strategic thinker who isn’t afraid to take risks and is driven by the opportunity to make a difference.
You will be responsible for developing messaging for a wide variety of new and existing clients to create integrated campaigns that are delivered on strategy and on time. You should be able to adapt to any tone of voice seamlessly, be a keen listener, and a great collaborator. You find joy in character counts, post copy, hashtags, proofreading, idea write ups, scripts, and CTAs. You also have a strong online portfolio that showcases your strategic copywriting chops across multiple touchpoints, platforms, and execution styles.
- Concept to copy development of all customer communication via email, landing pages & loyalty program. Write marketing copy for a variety of placements mainly on email, CRM & Loyalty Program along with banner copy, site copy, promotional communication, and other materials as needed.
- Create high-level conceptual ideas that are on a strategy based on customer segmentation. Getting the right message to the right segment to drive engagement, revenue and increase LTV.
- Follow tone of voice and copy brand guidelines
- Work closely with Head of Growth, CRM, Marketing & Analytics to develop campaign solutions for new business opportunities
- Shares expert knowledge of industry, consumer, and competitive landscape to inform insightful ideas.
- Works closely with the creative department, CRM & Marketing teams.
- Strong portfolio that shows conceptual thinking and storytelling in DTC. An emphasis in CRM is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience at an advertising agency or DTC eComm brand.
- Advanced understanding of branding, marketing, and advertising in DTC brands.
- You enjoy being creative in your role but measure success through analytics
- You THRIVE in a start-up environment
- Strategic thinking, ability to support creative brief development, contribute and lead brainstorms
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize
- Expert knowledge of AP style guide
- Highly creative and imaginative, showing a mastery of tone of voice
- Understanding of user experience and email & loyalty program content strategy/creation