Uplift was founded by a passionate team of travel industry veterans to provide a better way to shop, book, pay and experience travel. Our mission is to make travel more accessible, affordable and rewarding for everyone. By offering simple, flexible payments, Uplift benefits consumers who are able to book now and pay over time. Uplift is a well financed Series C startup serving the $1.4 Trillion consumer travel segment.
The Platform/Servicing Engineering Team handles the server-side systems required to post-loan creation and servicing such as customer management, backoffice portal, merchant including loans payments and data analytics. It involves creating and interfacing with various internal and external micro-services, queues, key-value store as well as traditional SQL databases and AWS products and services. Some of the work here is customer-facing, involving full-stack applications, but also in creating serverless applications that handle financial operations like automating payments and creating virtual credit cards.
- Build readable, production level code and reusable libraries
- Participate in multiple projects across the backend, developing and scaling our unique payment platform
- Participate in design and code reviews – learn from, and teach, your peers
- 2+ years of Java development experience
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, CS, or equivalent, Master's degree a plus
- Experience in Spring framework/Spring Boot knowledge, REST, Microservices, and databases (DynamoDB is a plus)
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep in details
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
- Position can be based from Menlo Park or San Francisco
- Company will provide either a MacBook or Windows laptop
- Free daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- 10 company paid holidays and unlimited PTO
- Medical and dental insurance, vision reimbursement program
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401K Plan
- Gym Reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
- Commuter benefits program
- Easy commute: Menlo Park - across from Caltrain station, San Francisco - two blocks from BART
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.