Manager, Financial Operations at UpLift
Menlo Park, CA, US
Uplift was founded by a passionate team of travel industry veterans to provide a better way to shop, book, pay and experience travel. Our mission is to make travel more accessible, affordable and rewarding for everyone. By offering simple, flexible payments, Uplift benefits consumers who are able to book now and pay over time. Uplift is a well financed Series C startup serving the $1.4 Trillion consumer travel segment.
Uplift Pay Monthly is used by top travel brands such as the vacations sites of United, American, Southwest, cruise lines such as Norwegian, theme parks such as Universal, and many more. Learn more at www.uplift.com.
The Manager, Financial Operations is a high growth opportunity that will play an instrumental role in Uplift’s development and growth as a FinTech company focused on travel. As Manager of Financial Operations, you will work closely with key leaders in the business and be a part of the team responsible for all aspects of capital and financial services at Uplift. This includes sourcing, closing and managing our financing relationships, servicing partner relationships, and managing all lending related money flows between customers, business partners, and investors.
- Manage the operations of Uplift’s various sources of capital, and interface with investors to ensure the availability of funds
- Manage and optimize Uplift’s lending operations including money flows, fraud operations, loan delinquency and servicing, and financial integrations
- Own and deliver on Uplift’s goal of 100% operational automation
- Work with internal and external teams to identify and resolve integration and transactional operations issues
- Work with Accounting, Product, Engineering, and Customer Service regarding P&L, Lending, Product Design, Product Implementation, and Customer and Partner support
- Effectively build and manage a team in a rapidly scaling startup
- 10+ years of work related experience
- Leadership experience in digital or alternative lending, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or an analytical finance-related job
- Demonstrated proficiency in complex financial analysis
- Desire to recruit, lead, and mentor a team of finance-related experts
- Passionate about Finance & FinTech
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep in details
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
- Position can be based from Menlo Park or San Francisco
- Company will provide either a MacBook or Windows laptop
- Free daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- 10 company paid holidays and unlimited PTO
- Medical and dental insurance, vision reimbursement program
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401K Plan
- Gym Reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
- Commuter benefits program
- Easy commute: Menlo Park - across from Caltrain station, San Francisco - two blocks from BART
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.