Uplift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and digital lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, Uplift is a well-financed Series C startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will help scale the operations of our engineering efforts with a focus on automation and repeatability. You will be involved in management of our entire code pipeline, from source code management in GitHub to production operations in AWS. You will be involved in managing production releases for various services and ensuring that quality and uptime are maintained. You will help engineers troubleshoot issues in production, as well as other environments, and build the tools and infrastructure required to keep engineering running smoothly.
- Manage continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Manage transferring data into our log aggregation and monitoring tools
- Monitor and manage production-level environments to ensure needs are met
- Enforce security policies and control of the production-level environments environment
- Control user access to our GitHub source code repository
- Manage user access to all AWS accounts/environments
- Help debug and troubleshoot in sensitive environments
- 5+ years of work related experience
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, CS or equivalent preferred
- Experience running services in a production environment and providing production-level support
- Experience with various AWS services including EC2, VPC, ECS, Lambda, CodePipeline, Cloudformation, etc.
- Experience with GitHub, other Git-based version control, or some version control management experience
- Experience with Java, Python, Node.JS, or Clojure preferred
- Experience with Ubuntu and Docker preferred
- Experience with SumoLogic (or similar log aggregator) preferred
- Strong drive to solve problems and get to the bottom of things
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep in details
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
- Position can based from Menlo Park, SF, or possibly remote
- Free daily catered lunches
- Medical and dental insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401(K) plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
- Easy commute – Menlo Park, across from the Caltrain station. Sf, two blocks from BART
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.