Uplift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and digital lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, Uplift is a well-financed Series C startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals.
We are looking for a Head of Business Operations and Strategic Initiatives who will build our Business Operations function from the ground up. The successful candidate will partner with the executive team to drive cross-functional decision-making and execution. You will apply great leadership, analytical skills, and business judgement to define strategic priorities, deliver operational excellence and promote innovation and growth.
- Work closely with the executive team to identify and prioritize new opportunities and innovation that grow Uplift’s business
- Lead and execute on key strategic initiatives, working cross-functionally to successfully move projects from idea to implementation
- Structure complex problems and deliver deep data-driven and competitive insights to build consensus and influence decision making
- Develop and execute on a long-term plan for Uplift’s fintech differentiation and competitive advantage
- Be a leader in Uplift’s fast-growing organization and build a high-performing business operations team over time
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 3+ years in top-tier management consulting or business operations at a leading technology company
- Exceptional problem solver, with an ability to investigate, solve, and build consensus on hairy problems
- Attention to detail and focus on executing results - drive initiatives and projects beyond strategy and analysis
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills, with experience building and coaching teams
- Demonstrated understanding of or passion for fintech and travel
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
- Free daily catered lunches
- Medical and dental insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401(K) plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
- Easy commutes – Menlo Park, across from the Caltrain station. SF, two blocks from BART
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.