Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens and sulfates. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed with our customer in mind. We control every step of the product development process.
We are a company that believes everyone is responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. This is why we thrive on a collaborative and cross-functional workplace. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics. We offer a culture rewarding our driven, hard-working team with special perks and benefits. Together, we prioritize strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
In a context of significant organizational change, the Project Manager - New Product Development provides continuous added value to the organization by leading key strategic, cross-functional innovation projects, product development, new product claims, key process improvements and visual brand upgrades, in order to drive delivery of the product pipeline and growth through innovation goals.
- Serve as subject matter expert of the new product development process and templates
- Lead project teams to define objectives, strategy, resources, costs and schedule to ensure flawless product development & launch
- Collaborates closely with key operators of the business to drive decisions in line with business strategy and goals
- Develop & maintain project timelines and facilitate the day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope for new product launches and product line extensions
- Identify & track all key project milestones for appropriate metrics. Build financial summary of product pipeline for presentation purposes to management
- Identify, escalate, and mitigate project exposure and risk appropriately
- Ensure changes to the project deliverables are clearly communicated
- Play a leadership role in teams, alongside the Marketing, Supply Chain and R&D functional leaders, providing confidence and competence necessary to take on the most challenging objectives
- Provide structure, fast project initiation, planning and well-coordinated execution thus enabling delivery of innovation to market in the fastest, most robust way possible
- Contribute fully to a climate for success in project teams: foster enthusiasm and teamwork, build relationships, reward and celebrate achievements
- Resolve project related conflicts through skilled negotiation, tact and diplomacy
- Conduct project reviews post key project stages and share learnings for future projects as best practices (lessons learned)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area with a minimum of three-five years of Project Management experience handling multiple projects of different scope/complexity.
- Experience in new product development related area (e.g., Marketing, Supply Chain, R&D) with a focus on Beauty or consumer packaged goods (CPG)
- Demonstrated computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office/Microsoft Projects, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership skills including prioritization, delegation, and conflict management of Project Team-related activities
- Demonstrated effective communications skills both written and oral, coupled with the sense to tailor to any one of a wide variety of audiences
- Comfortable operating in situations characterized by complexity, ambiguity and high levels of uncertainty
- An ability to map and understand complex, highly interdependent issues and find simple solutions
- Understanding of key business processes and functions within a Beauty or CPG company
- Negotiation skills and ability to influence with or without authority at a level’s above and below own grade level
- Experience in Cosmetics, Personal Care, Health & Beauty is preferred
- Possession of good understanding of all the main areas of product development and or commercialization of a new product and has the ability to apply this to managing a project