Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 10x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
Bevi is seeking a Senior Java Backend Engineer. As a Backend Engineer, your guidance and input drive architecture and functionality decisions. Whether you prefer providing mentorship to junior engineers or acting as a technical sounding board for all, this role invites seasoned engineers to exercise their deep expertise. Our ideal candidate is eager to stay on the cutting edge of the web market across a broad spectrum of industries, and is excited to work across all components: web UI, backend, and mobile applications. We are a small and fun software team in a fast-growing hardware startup. Our customers love our product and you will play a crucial role in making them even happier. If you love thinking through new ideas and interactions, how to execute them in an innovative way, and have a deep respect for user experience, come join our team!
What you will do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, implement and ship new features. Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Adjust our software architecture to keep it scalable and maintainable
- Work on our data architecture that is built around time-series
- Expand the Bevi Java applications, using open-source libraries including Dropwizard, Jersey and Guava
- Focus on innovating and creating solutions that add value and amaze the end user
- Contribute to code quality by writing Unit and Integration tests
- Enforce code styles and best practices via code reviews and mentorship
- Keep our codebase reliable and maintainable
How you will grow:
- Work at the heart of a start-up in high-growth mode
- Grow beyond backend, work with an extensive set of technologies, from embedded programming to mobile Android apps, from UI to backend and database, and use the latest tools and processes
- Continuously explore, evaluate, and implement new procedures and processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of our product
- Engage with a talented software and hardware engineering team drawn from diverse sectors and learn from best-in-class leadership
- Deploy your energy and expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change
Apply to learn more about what makes Bevi a great place to work and grow!