Uplift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and digital lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, Uplift is a well-financed Series B startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals.
The Platform Engineering Team handles the server-side systems required to post-loan creation and servicing. It involves creating and interfacing with various internal and external micro-services, queues, key-value store as well as traditional SQL databases and AWS products and services. Some of the work here is customer-facing, involving full-stack applications, but also in creating serverless applications that handle financial operations like automating payments and creating virtual credit cards.
- Participate in multiple backend and platform projects as well as help out in other areas of software development, including, tooling, devops and analytics
- Participate in design and code reviews - learn from, and teach, your peers
- Be involved in choosing new technologies and tooling for our stack
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, CS, or equivalent, Master's degree a plus
- Experience in Spring framework/Spring Boot knowledge, REST, Microservices, and databases (DynamoDB is a plus)
- Able to build readable, production level code and reusable libraries
- Strong drive to solve problems and get to the bottom of things
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep in details
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
- Position can be based from Menlo Park or SF
- Generous laptop budget, choose your own!
- Free daily catered lunches
- Medical and dental insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401(K) plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
- Easy commutes – Menlo Park, across from the Caltrain station. SF, two blocks from BART
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.