Uplift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and digital lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, Uplift is a well-financed Series B startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will have an opportunity to work on a number of interesting and challenging projects, such as creating a single page web application, developing a low latency payment processing engine, creating a framework to underwrite a loan sub-milliseconds, or creating design a simple robust APIs that can scale to millions of requests per second.
- Own projects that operate cross-functionally with multiple engineering teams
- Manage the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Provide leadership and mentoring
- Spend 75% of your time on code and architecture
- Design expressive and friendly APIs for our partners
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, CS, or equivalent, Master's degree a plus
- Have a history of technical ownership for significant engineering projects
- Demonstrated serial success in technical leadership
- Have built cloud based infrastructure with pleasant REST interfaces
- Proficient in functional programming (eg., Clojure, Scheme, Python, Haskell, or equivalent)
- Strong drive to solve problems and get to the bottom of things
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep in details
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
- Position can be based from Menlo Park or SF
- Generous laptop budget, choose your own!
- Free daily catered lunches
- Medical and dental insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401(K) plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
- Easy commutes – Menlo Park, across from the Caltrain station. SF, two blocks from BART
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.