Uplift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and digital lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, Uplift is a well-financed Series B startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals.
As a Financial Operations Project Manager, you are a proactive, adaptive, quick learner who can lead and prioritize an evolving, complex workload in an exciting environment. You will work closely with key leaders in the business, engineering, business development and lending operations across the organization.
- Manage projects throughout their lifestyle from process design to implementation, working cross functionally with product, business development, engineering, and sales
- Analyze and understand large data sets, providing recommendations to create and improve process flows
- Be an active problem solver on different parts of the business, including fraud operations and lending operations
- 3+ years of experience managing operations
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, macros, filtering, and sorting
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to solve problems and get to the bottom of things
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep in details
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
- Generous laptop budget, choose your own!
- Free daily catered lunches
- Medical and dental insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401(K) plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
- Easy commute – Menlo Park, across from the Caltrain station
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.