Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product purchased we donate to help a woman thrive. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens and sulfates. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed with our customer in mind. We control every step of the product development process.
We are a company that believes everyone is responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. This is why we thrive on a collaborative and cross-functional workplace. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics. We offer a culture rewarding our driven, hard-working team with special perks and benefits. Together, we prioritize strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
This position will independently recommend, develop and engineer packaging for all new
product launches, line extensions, product redesigns, swag and shipping materials used at the warehouse.
- Ability to translate marketing concepts into technically industrialized products.
- An understanding and strong interest in mold functionalities and molding processes.
- Experience working with various materials, manufacturing, decorating techniques, and the functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Make decisions on engineering challenges and methods.
- Utilize technical competency, relevant work experience, and comprehensive and diverse package engineering knowledge to generate valid creative solutions.
- Ability to drive multiple initiatives simultaneously, perform risk assessment and create mitigation plans for successful accomplishment of projects within target milestone.
- Knowledge of finished goods manufacturing capabilities, supporting necessary line trials and how the component conception impacts efficiencies of the plant.
- Partner with outside vendors and internal cross functional teams to develop and engineer packages to ensure aesthetic, functional, cost, and timing objectives are met.
- Evaluate and distribute production standards for all new components to suppliers, fillers and QA. Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-
- Time technical validations.
- Evaluate and select packaging materials and processes.
- Create and execute appropriate packaging testing, as required (ship testing, compatibility, chemical resistance, etc.).
- Create source documents (i.e. feasibility costing sheets, package profile, tooling, final package components specifications).
- Communicate status and issues regarding project activity on a continuous basis.
- Find and execute productivity opportunities across existing product lines.
- Attend line trials and oversee first production runs.
- Review and approve technical drawings and color submissions.
- Establish strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Provide technical support as requested.
- Ability to provide & negotiate all component purchases through our brief process and request for quotation (RFQ) process.
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging, or equivalent technical degree such chemical or mechanical engineering with packaging experience required.
- A minimum of five years of proven packaging experience, ideally within Cosmetics or Personal Care categories.
- Material science knowledge in plastics, glass, cartons, printing and decoration methods.
- Working knowledge of packaging regulations and requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced, open floor plan environment.
- Commitment to accuracy, attention to detail and quality of information generated.
- Adaptable to managing changing business needs.