Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product purchased, we donate to help a woman thrive. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens or sulfates. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed with our customer in mind. We control every step of the product development process.
We are a company that believes everyone is responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. This is why we thrive on a collaborative and cross-functional workplace. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics. We offer a culture rewarding our driven, hard-working team with special perks and benefits. Together, we prioritize strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
- Operate as a manager of one by coming up with your own goals and executing on them
- Define major improvements on the website and drive those improvements to completion
- Be a lead point of contact with design/development resources to schedule and execute on projects
- Design and develop product/collection specific landing pages to assist the customer journey and tell Thrive stories
- Hypothesize, investigate, and develop tests for solving customer pain points
- Responsible for site updates including theme preparation, product image changes, product content, and all customer facing content
- Identify and create processes to facilitate timely product and site content updates
- Work with growth, marketing, and product development teams regarding promotions, sets, product launches, and customer facing initiatives that impact the website
- Gather and iterate customer service feedback to improve the website usability
- Communicate website changes and iterations to stakeholders
- Translate internal and external website feedback into clear improvement areas
- Participate in the prioritizing of important roadmap/backlog projects
- Develop ways to increase conversion, average order value, and lifetime value while understanding the customer impacts
- Identify metrics that matter and report out on those items to the right internal teams
- 2+ years of prior e-commerce management/lead experience in platform development environments absolutely necessary
- 1+ years in relevant software development
- Experience with API architecture, development requirements and resources
- Experience with external vendor relationships and integrations to support business needs
- Project and process management skills plus a strong ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Understanding of the latest technical standards and best practices in web services, mobile app development, etc.
- Staff management experience of small teams
- Enjoys startup environment and culture