Docker is looking for an inspirational product leader to help us shape the way applications are built, deployed, and managed in a world run on containers. As the Senior Director of Product Management, you will own and drive the life cycle of new features and products from high level concept design to delivery and end of life. Your team will deliver on key areas of Distribution Services to the Docker platform, such as Docker Hub, Trusted Registry, and the Docker Store.
Jump on the whale!
We’re rapidly growing the Docker product platform, ecosystem, and the team, and tackling some of the biggest challenges around – your impact will help operations teams support millions of developers around the world ship code faster and more reliably. At Docker, you and your engineering team will imagine, design, build a platform that the next generation of software developers will use to change the world. If you have the skills for the next level but haven't been noticed in your current environment, we're ready to take a chance on you .
- We subscribe to Good PM, Bad PM.
- You own the product, the revenue, and the results. No Excuses.
- You believe in and can articulate succinctly, the customer and their pain. You empathize and internalize deeply the world they live in and the constraints they work through. You live to make their lives easier.
- You love talking to engineers and finding amazing solutions that solves for today's problem and optimizes for tomorrow's vision.
- You work with sales to close deals; you love making it easy for everyone to buy and try your product online and you love answering their questions.
- Marketing loves your slides and positioning statements; you love their ability to make it look and sound amazing in all forums and take it to a wide audience.
- Support teams call you first when something is wrong and know you will not leave them in a lurch with a customer.
- Your PMs look to you for career planning, mentorship, and best practices in writing their PRDs.
- You've spent time working in containers, building container images, or developing cloud native applications
- You have managed multiple individual Product Managers and mentored them to develop their talents to make them shine
- You've had a fantastic career shipping enterprise products...your customers love you and know you by first name
- You can break down complex technical problems into small, release-able, user valuable features.
- You can describe complex issues clearly and succinctly to someone who doesn't have a Computer Science degree.
- You played team sports, not just watched them online. You lead your team by example.
- Know the difference between pets and cattle and which tools manage them.
What we have to offer
- We have a customer base you'll love because everyone has a favorite company that uses Docker
- People who are torn between going home and going on a burrito run, or sometimes just a run.
- Feeding Gordon the Turtle; we also feed you.
- Free food of all kind (healthy and not), drinks and beers
- an awesomely smart group of people who are professionals at what they do and have fun doing it.
- Mentorship for our next leaders who have an active learning mindset