Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Beauty with a Purpose: for every product purchased one is donated to help a woman thrive. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens and sulfates. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed with our customer in mind. We control every step of the product development process.
We are a company that believes everyone is responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. This is why we thrive on a collaborative and cross-functional workplace. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics. We offer a culture rewarding our driven, hard-working team with special perks and benefits. Together, we prioritize strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
The Director of CRM will be responsible for driving long-term customer marketing experience across a range of retention channels, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty, and long-term repeat. The ideal candidate will be responsible for solving complex business challenges, partnering closely with Data Science to identify customer triggers of lapsing, frequent repeat, or negative experience. Working across marketing channels, Product, CX, and the director will then design, execute, and measure strategies to address these customer journeys. This role will also be responsible for the Thrive’s CRM/Email and Loyalty team, a team focused on building trust in our brand and increasing loyalty as a brand becomes known, which will keep scaling as the business expands. This is an exciting, high visibility role for a driven individual with strong relationship-building ability, communication and analytical skills.
- Define KPIs and determine measurement for different CRM campaigns and establish stretch goals for 3-6-12 month time windows
- Build a holistic view of customer experience end-to-end, identify customer pain points, and recommend solutions
- Partner closely with Data Science to analyze multi-variable customer clickstream data as tied back to long-term customer lifestage
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate initiatives, with an understanding and strategic view of all internal/external variables to retain and delight our customers
- Relentlessly drive growth through innovative strategies and meticulous execution to drive step change improvements in performance
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring/developing team
- Become an expert on our customers
- Multi-year track record of success driving significant results
- 5+ years experience managing CRM programs at high growth eComm businesses
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive management; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to internal partners
- Expert in copywriting and grammar
- Obsessed with positive customer experience, content/copywriting, and accuracy across all customer touch points.
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment and able to pivot readily based on real-time data
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience managing high-performing teams
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- HTML coding experience
- Familiarity with major ESPs and loyalty programs
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and Test and Learn practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative backgrounds: mathematics, economics, etc.); top MBA preferred or masters of science
- You love numbers, spreadsheets, math, and data
- You do not know the meaning of 9-5
- You are highly goal-driven to not only meet but to exceed on a regular basis.
- You constantly are working towards self-improvement - following market trends, continued training, attending conferences, reading books
- Understands the needs of wearing multiple hats with a scaling company
- Must be open to working on the weekends