Cohesity Mission: Remaking Secondary Storage
Cohesity delivers the next-generation of hyperconverged storage for the enterprise. We are driving the next wave of data center transformation that spans both private and public cloud infrastructures. We consolidate all secondary data and associated management functions on ONE intelligent solution - including backups, files, objects, test/dev copies, and analytics - built on true scale-out distributed systems architecture.
Cohesity’s world class Engineering team bring a rich history in building large scale distributed systems such as Google File System, Google Search and Ads infrastructure, and hyperconverged scale-out systems. Be part of this amazing team and join the mission of remaking and transforming secondary storage!
Cohesity’s distributed filesystem is uniquely positioned to address several data management needs for customers. We are seeing rapid adoption in terms of number of customers and the size of deployments - within a single data center, across geographies and cloud. Our mission is to deploy, run and maintain the cluster with minimal configuration and dynamically heal the cluster with zero manual intervention. Network management is the key ingredient in providing this seamless user experience. The ideal candidate is passionate about networking, building manageability features and has the intuition to troubleshoot complex deployments.
- Work with product management to drive the API roadmap for Cohesity’s infinitely scalable storage appliance.
- To be an evangelist for API development within Cohesity.
- Communicate the vision and also showcase the power of API offered by Cohesity Data Platform
- Contribute towards open source community by developing sample applications using Cohesity Data Platform APIs.
- Drive development and delivery of features related to REST APIs.
- Develop apps for a SaaS platform (Helios)
- Be an evangelist for API development within Cohesity and to the external Customer community.
- Develop integrations, from Edge to Core to Cloud, to showcase the power of Cohesity Data Platform REST APIs.
- Contribute towards open source community by developing code samples
- Communicate effectively with customers and partners for queries related to REST APIs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline required
- 5+ years of software development experience with several years in building and delivering high-performance and scalable enterprise class web applications.
- Own and drive development and delivery of features in the API. This includes building new features and enhancements. Participate in technical design of new and existing features
- 2+ years working in an API-driven environment, creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with open source code platform is a must like Git, GitHub etc
- Requires Java programming and Java Script frameworks (Angular, React, JQuery)
- Experience with PowerShell programming is a plus
- Experience with Test Automation, unit/integration/performance testing
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable and reliable code
- Excellent communication skills is a must
- Orientation towards user-centered design and experience working with UX Design
- Experience contributing to Open-Source projects would be a plus
- Full stack experience is a strong plus
- Must have prior experience in developing, testing as well as consuming REST APIs.
- Must have a solid experience working with atleast one programming language (preferably Python, Golang).
- Experience with automation using PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- Experience with atleast one of the DevOps tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker.
- Experience with orchestration tools such as VMware vRealize Automation and ServiceNow will be a plus.
- Hand-on knowledge of working with Enterprise Backup, Storage, Virtualization and Cloud products will be a plus.Good presentation and communication skills to effectively deliver the message to the audience